There are a number of household problems that need instant action. However, if you are having a roof that is leaky, then it should be on your top-most priority when it comes to home maintenance issues.
Roof leaks can happen due to a number of reasons such as improper installation of roof, storm or wind damage and perhaps lack of maintenance.
Also, you need to keep in mind that a roof can last for about 20-30 years and then you would have to replace it.
Further, it is very important that you get in touch with a roof repair & replacement contractor in Carrollton, Texas who would possibly inspect your roof for the leaks.
There are many Carrollton roofing contractors that you will find in this area but it is recommended that you opt for Carrollton Tx Roofing Pro as they have been part of the roofing industry for over a decade.
So, in this blog, we would talk about how roof leaks can cause major problems inside the homes.
- Ceiling and Attic Damage: Some of the initial dangers that you may face with the roof leak are damage occurring in the attic area and perhaps all the items that is present inside that. Just in case the leak is quite big or perhaps there is no attic present, then interior ceiling would get damaged. The leaking water would also possibly damage the plaster and paint on the walls nearby. You can also expect the damage on the ceiling-mounted fans and lights.
- Slip and Fall Hazard: If a roof is leaking severely, then it can cause the water to spread on the floor. You may feel that it might not be a huge risk but if you are having a family and children then it can potentially cause a problem. The best way to deal with it is to get the water mopped up such that the human spills are prevented.
- Fire Hazard Due To Water Damage: If you have electrical wiring present in the ceiling or attic, then a leaky roof that possibly cause a fire threat due to shorted wires. Hence, it is advised that electricity in that particular area is turned off and perhaps contact an electrician to examine it.
- Structural Integrity is Compromised: Some of the consequences that lead to leaky roofs are ceiling joists, damaged rafters, wall framing, and exterior trim. Due to all these, structural integrity is compromised.
- Health Concerns: Mildew and Mold build-up can lead to a number of serious health issues such as asthma, congestion, rhinitis, and inflammations.
- Increase in Utility Bills: Another side effect that is caused by roof leaks is increasing in the utility bills.
Also, if the repair of the roof leak is postponed for a long time, then it can possibly cause insulation depletion and thus your home will lose cool and hot air resulting in increase in the utility bills.